The Boise Airport is built on the principle of delivering complete and comprehensive service to those arriving in the City of Trees, as well as those saying a temporary goodbye. Offering nonstop service to some of the busiest airports in the nation, convenient parking facilities, and award-winning restaurants and shops – we’re here to ensure a seamless experience during your next adventure.
The City of Boise is currently searching for an Administrative Specialist Sr. who will provide overall administrative support to the Boise Airport Team. This position will courteously and professionally greets and responds to customer inquiries using the telephone, email, or face-to-face meetings. In addition, this position will provide information to customers regarding airport policies, regulations, and procedures.
This position works 4 - 10 hour shifts, Tuesday - Friday 7am - 5pm.
- Provides overall administrative support to the City’s Airport Administration office
- Courteously and professionally greets and responds to customer inquiries using the telephone, email, or face-to-face meetings
- Provides information to customers regarding airport policies, regulations, and procedures
- Under general supervision, works independently with occasional projects or assignments generated by other staff and channeled through a direct supervisor
The City provides top notch healthcare for you and your family at little to no cost. Plus, an actual pension plan, 401k matching, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. Imagine that.
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 2 years of experience performing administrative or clerical support duties in a departmental or operational group, and
- A high school diploma or GED
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 3 years of direct office experience in an airport, commercial leasing, or public records environment with a high level of knowledge in public records requests and development reviews
- Administrative Specialist A.A.S. or Certification preferred
Level of Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of general business office and telephone etiquette, equipment, and procedures
- Computer operations including contemporary and related software applications
- Record-keeping and filing practices; general customer service techniques
- Operate a computer with demonstrated proficiency using contemporary and related database, word processing, and spreadsheet software applications at an appropriate level for efficient job performance
- Operate standard office equipment
- Communicate with and effectively manage difficult customers
- Apply basic math, as well as spelling and grammar skills
- Read and understand written documents and instructions
- Receive, comprehend and follow oral instructions
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of city employees, the general public and other organizations
- Communicate effectively in the English Language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance
- Perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without a reasonable accommodation