Do you have an interest in obtaining your CDL?
Would you enjoy operating heavy equipment and keeping the Boise Airfield running smoothly?
How about obtaining your CDL with ZERO cost to you and paid training?
Did we mention 4-10 hour shifts, 3-day weekends, and home every night?
The Boise Airfield Maintenance team is seeking several hard working individuals to join our team. Airfield Maintenance Equipment Operator's are responsible for the plowing, painting, spraying, and general maintenance of the Boise Airfield and operate a variety of heavy equipment.
Already have a Class A or B CDL with tanker endorsement? Great!
Looking to get one? Great! We will pay for it and train you!
$22.00 starting if you have a CDL. $19.50 starting if you do not: pay increases to $22.00 after obtaining CDL.
Submit an application today and we will be in touch to schedule an interview at the Boise Airfield Maintenance Shop!
- Maintains the operations, maintenance, and integrity of the City of Boise airfield in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
- Assignments are performed under the direction of a working supervisor who inspects the work in progress and upon completion
The City provides top notch healthcare for you and your family at little to no cost. Plus, an actual pension plan, 401k matching, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. Imagine that.
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- 3 years of general maintenance experience; and/or
- 3 years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Ability to obtain Idaho Class A or Class B CDL with Tanker Endorsement
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 5 years experience working with heavy equipment in an airport environment performing maintenance and repairs to all areas of the facility
Level of Knowledge:
- Working knowledge and understanding of airfields, taxiways, runways, movement, and non-movement areas
- Working knowledge of both ground and tower radio with proper etiquette
- Working knowledge of safe operations and understanding of minor airfield maintenance equipment
- Working knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of dump trucks, bulldozers, front end loaders, backhoes, snowplows, and relevant equipment and implements
- Relevant FAA and FAR regulations
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication and welding and a wide array of hand tools Working knowledge of animal control methods
- Working knowledge of herbicide and pesticide application, entry-level trade, construction, and groundskeeping skills
- Obtain a Boise Airport SIDA badge
- Operate vehicles safely and efficiently during times of low visibility and heavy fog
- Utilize communication equipment to coordinate with other vehicles and control towers
- Work a rotating on-call shift
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all City of Boise employees and the public
- Communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Understand and comply with all rules, policies, and regulations
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance
- Perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor, and/or manager with or without reasonable accommodation
- Individuals must be capable of operating vehicles safely and have an acceptable driving record