The Boise Airport is growing! To keep pace with the growth of our city and meet the demands of our community, the airport is undergoing a multi-million-dollar capital expansion plan to accommodate future transportation needs. If you like working in a fast-paced environment with 24/7 operations, the City of Boise is recruiting dedicated Airport Custodial staff for all shifts.
- Cleans public areas throughout the Airport Terminal and parking garage
- Maintains awareness of airport security issues and responds as required
- Works around the general public and assists passengers by answering questions or providing information
- Performs snow removal as needed
- Works independently with minimal direct supervision
Morning Shift: 0530-1400, $16.15
Swing Shift: 1330-2200, $16.95 (5% shift differential)
Graveyard Shift: 2130-0600, $17.36 (7.5% shift differential)
The City provides top notch healthcare for you and your family at little to no cost. Plus, an actual pension plan, 401k matching, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. Imagine that.
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 6 months experience working in the custodial field
- Working knowledge of common custodial practices and cleaning products and supplies
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 1 year of work experience in the custodial field
- Previous experience with automatic floor scrubbers, carpet extraction, and hard surface floor applications
- OSHA certified
- Work on ladders and scaffolds up to 20 feet high
- Empty trash cans weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work with cleaning chemicals and mix cleaning solutions
- Operate power tools and equipment such as floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, side-by-side buffers, and lifts
- Safely use cleaning products and equipment
- Read and interpret SDS information
- Identify safety and security hazards
- Accomplish work independently
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of City of Boise employees and the public
- Communicate effectively in the English Language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies, and regulations
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance
- Perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor, and/or manager with or without reasonable accommodation.