Faces of Hope is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corporation serving Ada County since 2006. Our mission is to reduce victimization with a safety net of crisis services. Our wrap-around services meet the medical, legal, safety, education, and basic needs of individuals who have been affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, elder abuse, teen dating violence, trafficking, and stalking. We use a holistic approach, offering services designed to break the cycle of interpersonal violence. Medical providers, law enforcement, prosecutors, civil/legal providers, social workers, counselors, and advocates work together to streamline how we help our clients.
The Development Manager is responsible for helping manage and grow the fundraising and outreach program of Faces of Hope Foundation. This position’s priorities include managing our federal grant and overseeing our donor program. Management of the donor program includes database (DonorPerfect) administration, including entering data, analyzing data, tracking donations, thanking donors, developing donor communications, and ensuring database integrity. The Development Manager provides a broad range of support to the development department in all fundraising activities. This position works with the Development Director to improve strategy and message development, uses analytics to develop fundraising strategies, and creates an annual fundraising plan that supports the Foundation. This role supports the administrative needs of the development department.
Manage federal grant (VOCA) 25%
- Track client data for services provided, demographics, and causes for service.
- Provide monthly reports with updated statistics.
- Submit quarterly reports to the funding agency.
- Write and submit narrative reports to the funding agency.
- Manage annual funding requests, including drafting the grant, developing the budget, and providing statistical details.
Manage donor database and donor communications (40%)
- Work with the Development Director to plan and implement strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship.
- Manage the database and perform maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance
- Manage, track, and process donations, sending thank you letters and acknowledgments.
- Develop relationships with donors giving $100-$499 annually and refer prospective major donors to Development Director when appropriate.
- Manage monthly giving program, including donor communications, stewardship, and acquisition.
- Assist with print materials, ordering supplies, coordinating mail pieces, and assembling materials.
- Answer donor inquiries; Email and phone correspondence with donors and sponsors.
- Maintain donor confidentiality.
Assist with events 15%
- Support the development department with major event planning and execution for our signature events.
- Coordinate and manage Faces of Hope third-party and micro events such as tabling and other benefit events, including Idaho Gives, Giving Tuesday, and Avenues for Hope.
Grant and communications support 10%
- Manage a portfolio of foundations, including writing grants, managing grant reports, and providing foundations regular updates.
- Provide communications support by drafting newsletter articles, press releases, and social media posts.
Other duties as assigned 10%
- Provide center tours to prospective community partners and donors.
- Assist with general clerical support for the department as assigned.
- A degree related to non-profits, management, and/or program planning.
- Experience as a grant writer, development officer, database manager, or equivalent.
- A passion for the mission of Faces of Hope.
- Strong database experience with experience analyzing and interpreting data.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Canva, and Adobe.
- Excellent communication, active listening, active questioning, and clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- Strong knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure, often with competing deadlines, simultaneously.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- A passion for quality in his/her work.
- Comfortable using office equipment such as printers, copiers, phones, and computers.
- Experience with social media
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faces of Hope is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices or any other employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, or any other classes protected by applicable federal and state laws.
Qualified candidates: Please include a cover letter and three references along with your resume
Job Type: Full-time
Work Remotely: No
Pay Rate: $50,000-$60,000/year
Contact: Liz Edrich, [email protected]; 208-577-4473